First things first… There’s no such award like the one in the title. I named it so, just because I was having the Ultimate Writing Block last night. I happened to be so worried about my relevance and my existence in this universe that I started crying and I ended up crying to sleep. (I didn’t cry myself to sleep, I happened to have played XCOM: Enemy Unknown so much that I slept without knowing when I was swept off to the seventh dimension of space and time!
All those guys out there who’ve through the rough phase called the writing block must be saying to themselves, ” I’ve slept in even more weird positions than him!” Trust me, it can happen to anyone!
Now, just an hour after my mum clicked the pic, I woke up and checked my iPad with a notification from the hat loving Quirky Victorian who apparently nominated me to the Blogger Recognition Award! She, apparently just passed through the phase I’m going through and I’d really appreciate you guys to check out her site! She apparently seems more quirky than what she thinks she is and I usually end up having a good laugh by the end of reading her posts! Oh! and I’d thank her for nominating me in Hindi (my mother tongue) धन्यवाद !! (Dhanyavaad)
Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give two advice to new bloggers
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to
The Promised Story!
Long long ago, …. So long ago that I forgot how long ago… but it was definitely long ago…
*Clears throat* Once, upon a time, there was a kid who loved reading books and never much talked in school. He was an introvert and always played Temple Run or read novels during math class for he never understood a word that the teacher taught him!
One day he met a person (A guy, yeah A GUY… This kid was apparently afraid of talking to girls back then …. maybe even now, but yeah, it depends *Sly wink*). This person had a blog and told the kid how awesome blogging could be and all the kid could do was to be like …. like the panda down here ….⇓He started a blog using blogger and after a while he enlisted in the Navy( In another parallel universe you could be reading his story about the Navy) He then felt that blogger was weird and three years later he, while listening to I don’t care and reading Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World that he felt he should be reviewing stuff and hence created a blog on wordpress, and hence he became a star ! He started having his own fan following and is quite pleased with his story-telling!
And, kids, That’s how I met your mo— Oh! wait… That’s how the kid started this blog!
Advice From the Saint!
- To all those who are new, like me or younger than me (I’m talking of blog years … Oh damn… blog months .. mine’s gonna turn 2 (months) this 10th) , I’d say stats matter a little bit! Well, if stats didn’t matter you would be writing a diary and not a blog! It’s your blog. You can write whatever you want! But stats don’t improve overnight. It takes time, A little patience with a pinch of good content does wonders.
- Community pool is a real good place to get readers. But I’d say the best place for permanent readers would be when you search for by using tags in your reader. Search for blogs which use the same tags as you do because both the writers apparently would have similar interests! There’s no point in asking a person interested in dinosaurs to follow a blog about Barbie Dolls!
I hereby nominate…
Nomination time, Aaargh… it’s so tough to choose fifteen sites! Well I’ll make an effort too!
- Zorba The Buddha
- The Otaku Judge
- Socially Awkward Bookworm
- The Golden Scribbler
- Domain of Shane
- Atrangizindagi, ek Safar
- Ocean Of Myths
- KT Writings
- Writing and Works
- Song Of The Forlorn
- A Thought, A World And An Eternal Bliss
- Soul Speak With Sonam
- Thought Train Network
- Chipper Chelsea Kay
- Mera Blog
Whoa! that’s a lot of hardwork but fun! In the process I got to see all new posts from most of these guys and many others!
A Really un-Important Annoncement!
Well, there have been a few changes of mindset… I apparently realised that I am a slow reader, which means I will not be able to post book reviews frequently. And since I am reading, I wouldn’t be watching many new movies an d TV shows…. So, I’m about to change the theme of this blog from a reviews blog to A Creative Writing- Musing- Review blog! But, the basics remain the same – To improve my vocabulary and Grammar!
All the changes will be effective (or affective, I searched it on google, and ended up being more confused than ever as to which is the right one to use here …. HELP GUYS/ GIRLS?) from 10 May 2013 , the day my site turns 2 months old.
It will be named as “ The Enthralled Cloud of Thought“.